Saturday, October 16, 2010

A snowflake on your nose - My winter likes

Winter is very long and cold in Denmark. The days get short and it seems like its night all the time. Nevertheless I love winter. I love the first snow and the smell of it. Everything becomes so silent and peaceful. I love coming home after a long day, kicking of my boots and taking of all my sweaters.
Seeing the first snowmen always makes me smile. They remind me of my childhood and how my brother and I would spend hours playing in the snow. Those were the days!

Although winter is great, it is not always as romantic. Once the snow gets dirty and it starts melting, it is not a pretty sight anymore. That is why I have gathered a couple of things that make these not so nice winter days, much better!  
A huge scarf that can keep me warm and stylish! I love this on, so different!
A gremlin doll! Sometimes something ugly can become so adorable, like this little thingy. I like that it is not a typical fluffy and girl doll.
I always have cold fingers, so I need some gloves that are really warm! I love gloves and have so many in all kinds of colors and patterns.
Some think this is silly and a waste of money, I don’t. If you don’t have a fireplace this is the perfect thing. You can get it pretty cheap and there is nothing cozier than drinking tea, reading a book and having your own fireplace in the living room.


I would not complain if I had James Franco to keep me warm on a cold winter’s night.
I HATE baking and cooking. I am clumsy and I get frustrated when things don’t turn out right, which happens more often than not. There is one exception to this, when its winter and I am in a good mood and have some spare time, I love baking cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment