Monday, November 8, 2010

Stop all the clocks.............

Plans, schedules, clocks, appointments, dates, alarms, class, assignments and deadlines. I feel like I have a hard time breathing and catching up, with life at the moment. I take a glance at the screen on my smart-phone and realize that it is already the 8th of November. Time is a funny little thing. It seems as though we can control everything in our society nowadays, but time is the one thing that is the same for all of us. No matter if you are a congress member, a movie star or a school teacher, beautiful or ugly, skinny or fat – time will pass you by just as the next person. Time makes me blue. It makes me think of all the things that have been, all the things I miss but it also makes me wonder about the future. Time scares me to death; it makes me realize how small we are in the big picture of life and nature. Time is free, but priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. One you lose it, you can’t get it back.  My biggest concern is that I don’t spend my time the right way, with the right people at the right places. Sometimes when I am having a really nice time I close my eyes and try to freeze the moment, or take a mental picture of the feeling. Looking at old pictures of my mother and father makes me sad too, they too were once young. Time is the beauty and the curse of life, because it is so much bigger than anything else. Time reminds us that no matter how many wars we fight or how many huge jets we build, the irony of time will kick us in the ass!  

No comments:

Post a Comment